Creating equal opportunities
When students leave the school, they find they are able to find work much more easily as they are able to read and write – sought-after skills on Bhola Island.
School Curriculum. What children learn.
- In Class 1 – students study Bangla language, Bangla maths, English language and English maths. Yes, the numbers are different in Bangla.
- In Class 2 – Social Studies is added, with an emphasis on history.
- In Class 3 – Science and Religion are taught. As most students are Muslim or Hindu each school can choose Muslim or Hindu studies.
- Classes 4 and 5 focus on bringing the students up to the level of the national scholarship exams – our students do extremely well in these exams
- Sport is also taught – soccer, skipping, cricket.
- There are 4 (very busy) teachers at most schools.